If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we collect
We collect the following information:
• Username and/or Business name if you are creating a business listing.
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Website usage data
• Other information relevant to client enquiries
• Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the BitcoinPeople, enabling us to deliver improved products and services. Specifically, we may use data:
• For our own internal records.
• To improve the products and services we provide.
• To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
• To customise the website for you.
• To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
• To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
• To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
We will always hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards. We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
• Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Unsubscribe from our Mailchimp mailing list by clicking the unsubscribe button on one of our communications you’ve received.
Your details are held with us indefinitely until you decide otherwise. If you no longer want to be part or have an account with BitcoinPeople and want all your details removed safely and securely, please email us at email@example.com and state your reason.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Third-Parties may however collect information about you/ your business from the information you post publicly when creating your business/product listing on BitcoinPeople.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
• Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
• Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
• Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
• Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
• To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the https://bitcoinpeople.online domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.